Green Home 101 – Workshop and Tour
Choose from four exclusive workshops, all feature a hosted tour of certified green homes in various stages of construction. Register Today! Seating limited to 40 attendees.
Noon – 1p
5:30p – 6:30p
April 22nd – Earth Day Celebration
9a – 6p, Open House
No registration required.
8:30a – 9:30a
Noon – 1p
Seating limited to first 40 registrations for each session.
During these powerful 60-minute sessions attendees will experience the critical steps when building green certified homes, as presented by the team of design professionals, and contractors, which includes the Project Manager, Landscape Architect, Mechanical Contractor, Green Project Manager, and Renewable Energy Manager.
Also hear from the acquisition and development team, product manufacturers, and marketing professionals.
Held on location at Arizona’s most exciting green certified development, the site of fourteen newly constructed-green certified affordable homes. Each workshop will include a tour of the sub-division, featuring houses in various stages of construction.
Attendees will receive the unique experience of witnessing the construction strategies that result in an estimated energy bill of less than $69 per month, have healthier indoor air quality, reduced water use, and improved durability.
Whether a veteran green builder, new to green building, or simply curious about the project or process, you will find these sessions most valuable as you network with peers, hear from an accomplished project team, and see the latest technologies in home building.
All sessions are CEU approved by the AIA, ASID, NAHB, and USGBC.
Learning outcomes include:
- Explain nationally recognized green rating systems, including the National Green Building Standard, ENERGY STAR, 2012 IECC, Indoor airPLUS, and EPA WaterSense.
Presented by: Philip Beere, G Street
- From the perspective of the Project Manager, share the successful execution of building affordable green certified homes, addressing the trade offs, issues with plan review, amendments to building codes as triggered by green construction strategies, and the costs and benefits of making a project green.
Presented by: Danny McDevitt, Mandalay Homes
- Present the roles of critical team members, including the Landscape Architect, Mechanical Designer, Builder, Green Project Manager, and Marketing & Education agents.
Presented by: Mary Estes, Indigenous Minds
Claudia Schulz, Mandalay Homes
Lisa Everhart, City of Phoenix
- Discuss the dynamics of the public – private partnership that made this project possible, including the challenges and obstacles.
Presented by: Jesse Garcia, City of Phoenix
- Describe the latest energy efficiency building products, materials, innovations, and design strategies, along with incentives available for improvements.
Presented by: Project Team
- Appraising green properties and the Top 5 tips to assist the Appraiser.
Presented by: Jay Josephs, Josephs Appraisal Group
- Tour hosted by the Gordon Estates Project Team